Saturday, October 10, 2009

My lastest thoughts

I hope you are all ready for this. I have not written on here in a while, so I hope that I do not overwhelm you with all my words. First, and again, I would like to thank the people who have been reading this. Okay, not that that is out of the way, on to business.

As I have been getting used to the food here in Peru, I have been wanting to write an entry for my blog called: Is rice made of metal? The answer to that questions is a total NO, but here in Lima, it has become a STAPLE in my diet. We eat it all the time. But they do so much stuff with rice here that it is great. I don't mind eating rice everyday. Tomorrow, however, I will not be eating rice. Tomorrow is pasta day. I love all the food here. It is a wonder that I am actually loosing weight. My family will be astonished at how I looke when I come home for a visit.

Over the week, my fantastic wife bought me a new book. For those of you who don't know, I love to read. I am almost finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia for the third time. I am about half way through The Last Battle. Great books. It is amazing at how close they come to the gosple. Anyways, my new book. As most of you are aware, there are two books out there which have been made into movies. Angels and Demons, and The Da Vinci Code. My favorite out of those two was Angels and Demons. The book and the movie. It is the very first novel featuring Robert Langdon. Well, Dan Brown has come out with a third book in the series. The Lost Symbol. I have not started reading it yet, because I am waiting to finish The Chronicles of Narnia. I am very excited for it though. If any of you out there have read it, let me know what you think, but don't spoil anything for me.

I have also found one of my new favorite movies. The Proposal with Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds. Very good movie. I already have it on DVD.

Also, an update on Laura. She is doing much better. She is still having some trouble with an infection, but she is on some treatments now, and things are going much better. She has an appointment with the doctor again next week to see how everything is going.

Well, that is about all for today. Have a great day, and take care.

Brandon J. Greer

2 comments:

  1. You don't have a lot of comments on here so I better add one. Not to spoil your book or anything but Peter dies at the end - train wreck. Oh, you've already read those 3 times. Enjoy reading time while you can - once the kids come you read nothing but Clifford the big red dog and Pinkalicious. Have a good one.
    Josh

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading the Lost Symbol, and there is a character named Peter, so I thought you were meaning that in that book he dies in a train wreck, but of course you mean Peter Pevensie, or however his name is spelled. I remember back in the old days when you would tell me about those books, and I never wanted to read them. But now look at me. I have read them a lot. Oh, and I also want to buy them all again. I have the big book with all seven in it, but I want to get each book seperate, and in hard back.

    ReplyDelete